Red Black & White

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Visit with Jenny Allen

I had my 2 week follow-up appointment with Jenny Allen this morning.  Got some "not so good" news that I pretty much knew was coming.  I have severe postpartum depression.  :(  She told me a few things that I can do to help.  She said I definitely need to ask for help when I need it and that I could use a little more adult conversation and interaction with visitors.  She also said I am going to be coming back in 2 weeks to see her again.  I need to get up every morning and get a shower before Brian leaves so that I don't go days without showering.  She also recommended Brian take off a little more time to be with me and Callen.  We'll see what happens!  So glad that I have an awesome midwife that cares so much!!  She really is the best.

Ms. Allen did give me some good news!!  First, I have a really cute kid!  :D  Second, I lost 21 of the 35 pounds I gained throughout my pregnancy.  Third, I can start coming to her for my regular "lady exams."  :)  (I asked if she did those and she does!)  So overall, this visit with Ms. Allen was great!!  She is an awesome lady!  :)

Tomorrow Callen has an appointment with Dr. Foland and Dr. Bryson.  He is going to be circumcised and have his 2 week check up.  Please pray for me that I don't cry so much tomorrow!  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment